6 Pack Fitness is the highest ranked sporting goods company to make this year's Fortune 5000 list, which ranks the fastest growing private U.S. companies based on sales growth between 2012 and 2014.
Based in San Francisco, 6 Pack designs, manufacturers and markets fitness and other bags and luggage bags with compartments for storing food. The company ranked 81st on the Fortune 5000 2015 list by growing revenues 3,733 percent in 2014 to $11.5 million.
At least a dozen sporting goods manufacturers made the list in addition to a handful of sports oriented companies that provide coaching, hiring and other services. Snuggled in at #1482 and #1493, for example, are two companies that run lacrosse camps, leagues and events.
Industrial Revolution, a Tukwila, WA-based manufacturer and distributor of outdoor accessories made the list for the sixth year, beating its 2014 ranking by 616 to land at #3570. It grew sales 89 percent to $14.1 million during the 2012 to 2013 period.
“Six years in a row of 20 percent growth is something we are really proud of,” says Graeme Esarey, Industrial Revolution’s President. “All six of our brands are healthy and we see a vision of the future that has our products in every pack, on every adventure.”
Industrial Revolution products include Light My Fire Sporks, UCO’s Titan Stormproof Matches, YayLabs! SoftShell Ice Cream Ball, and LED lanterns that double as mobile device chargers.
Other sporting goods companies named to the Fortune 5000 2015 list include:
- #105 Bois Blanc Sports, Alexandria, VA, retailer of sporting goods, health supplements, toys and games, $9.7 million.
- #139 Spikeball, Chicago, IL, sells equipment and apparel for Spikeball, $3.2 million.
- #237 Outdoor Tech, Los Angeles, designs, manufacturers and markets portable, wireless audio for active outdoor lifestyle, $8.3 million,
- #239 Tower Paddle Boards, San Diego, designs, manufacturers and markets SUP gear, services and media, $5.0 million
- #313 Hydro Flask, Bend, OR, designs, manufacturers and markets stainless steel food and beverage containers, $35.5 million
- #507 YakAttack, Burkeville, VA, designs, manufacturers and markets SUP, marine and fishing accessories, $2 million
- #1314 FastSunglass.com, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, retails sunglasses and other sporting goods apparel and accessories, $5.7 million.
- #1579 Carver Skateboards, El Segundo, CA, makes skateboards, $4.6 million.
- #1836 Pedego Electric Bikes, Irvine, CA., designs, manufacturers and market electric bikes, $7.4 million
- #4970 Ares Sportswear, Hillard, OH, supplies high school sports teams with custom screen printed and embroidered apparel, $12.9 million