Are you a strategic thinker, technically savvy, possess top level business merchandising skills, and want to make a difference in the company you work for? Read on:
We are searching for an avid sports enthusiast with a passion for running, who would like to put their skills to use driving footwear product direction, business processes and integrated product strategies in the performance running footwear category. Brooks Sports, a leading running company that designs and markets a line of high-performance running shoes, apparel and accessories, is looking for an experienced Director of Global Footwear Merchandising to take our footwear business to the next level. The successful candidate will be able to work in a highly collaborative team environment and will manage merchandising and business planning of all Brooks footwear from the product brief stage through introduction into the marketplace.
- Understand, track, and communicate the competitive landscape in running footwear to the entire team -including Marketing, Sales, Development and Design.
- Architect and develop seasonal assortment plan breadth, depth, price point, target cost, SKU/sales allocation for each category and concept that leverages Brooks R & D and development pipeline, meets strategic plan goals, and is consistent with Brooks Brand positioning.
- Merchandise the entire footwear line to ensure an intuitive presentation of technologies and upper aesthetics. Give clear, concise direction to design and development.
- Lead execution and manage Product Line Manager(s) to:
- Brief line and products to deliver against brand and business plans incorporating consumer and market trends, new technology, and channel strategies per calendar requirements.
- Issue initial sales forecast and margin plan by category, SKU, and Channel including units, cost, and gross margin.
- Coordinate prelines and sales meeting product presentations. Act as liaison between design, sales, marketing, development, and planning.
- Support Marketing in development of packaging and POP and input on advertising and key concept development.
- Work closely with Planning and Sales to create stocking plan and forecast SKU's initial buy.
- Coordinate presentation of product lines and strategies at sales meetings.
- Monitor sell-in, sell-through, market acceptance, post mortem on SKU.
- Bachelors degree in business or a related field required; MBA highly preferred
- Strong business and competitive analysis training & skills, working knowledge of retail math
- Minimum 7-10 years experience managing a footwear product management or creation process required
- Proven ability to create and maintain analytical tools for managing product line evolution, merchandising, SKU performance, revenue and gross margin optimization
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Proven ability to lead in a collaborative, team oriented environment
- Consumer marketing experience or mentality essential – retail experience a strong plus
- A passion for the running enthusiast and active lifestyle
Please send resumes to: Brooks Sports, Inc, 19820 N. Creek Pkwy, Suite 200, Bothell, WA 98011, Attn: Human Resources/DFM or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO-M/F/V/D.