After opening its first three Dick’s House of Sport stores in Rochester, NY, Knoxville, TN and Minnetonka, MN, DKS plans to open over 12 new stores in the next two years. The decision follows strong responses from consumers, vendors and local communities.
Dick’s House of Sport is 100,000-plus square feet of space and includes a wide assortment of sports and outdoor-related products with in-store experiences, including a climbing wall, multiple golf bays with TrackMan simulators, and multi-sport cages for testing baseball, softball, lacrosse, and soccer equipment.
House of Sport stores also focus on local communities via partnerships and events. Some stores have a playing field for play, clinics, league space, or as an ice rink in the winter season.
“Dick’s House of Sport is redefining sports retail,” said Lauren Hobart, president and CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods, on DKS 2022 Q4 earnings call in March 2023. “It is an experience that fosters deep community involvement that goes well beyond traditional retail and has become a destination where athletes can fuel their passions.”
The nine new House of Sport locations opening in 2023 are as follows:
- The Shops at Park West, Katy, TX
- Baybrook Mall, Baybrook, TX
- Davenport Commons, Davenport, IA
- Market Place Shopping Center, Champaign, IL
- Greenbrier Square, Chesapeake, VA
- Freedom Town Center, Fayetteville, NC
- Latham Farms, Latham, NY
- Viewmont Mall, Scranton, PA
- Oakdale Commons, Johnson City, NY
The remaining eight locations are Dick’s Sporting Goods stores currently closed for renovations and will reopen as House of Sport stores later this year.
In 2024, House of Sport will open several additional locations, including:
- The Prudential Center, Boston, MA
- Ross Park Mall, Pittsburgh, PA
- The Mall at Rockingham Park, Salem, NH