The Coleman Company, Inc. celebrated Friday the official opening of Colemans Distribution Center at Midwest Commerce Center which employs 260 in Gardner, Kan.
Distribution Center highlights:
- 1 million square feet;
- 25 acres under roof (20 football fields);
- 3,000 truckloads of concrete on the interior;
- 3,000 truckloads of concrete, exterior;
- 100 dock doors;
- trailer parking for 300; and
- all lighting is operated by motion sensors and the roof is specially painted to reflect light.
The building is accumulating LEED points and working towards becoming LEED certified. LEED is the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings.
The new leased facility is located near a rail head for distribution of Colemans imported products under the Coleman and Stearns brands, and near the centroid of Colemans outbound customers. At present, the DC employs approximately 160 full-time Coleman employees and a contingent workforce of more than 100.