Liz Claiborne Inc. announced today that it has completed the purchase of all of the equity interest in ENYCE HOLDING LLC for a purchase price of approximately $114 million, including the retirement of debt at closing.

Based in New York City, ENYCE is a designer, marketer and wholesaler of fashion forward streetwear for men and women through its ENYCE(R) and Lady ENYCE(R) brands, ENYCE is projected to generate net sales of approximately $95 million in fiscal 2003.

ENYCE sells its products primarily through specialty store chains, better specialty stores and select department stores. Currently, men's products account for approximately 84% of net sales while women's products account for the remaining 16% of net sales. Men's and women's products include a variety of denim-based lifestyle products, outerwear, athletic-inspired apparel, casual tops and knitwear.