Road Runner Sports, the World's Largest Running Store, is looking for a creative, energetic and detail-oriented candidate with strong analytical skills for a Catalog Circulation Manager position. For 20 years Road Runner Sports has been helping runners find the shoes and gear that they need to achieve their running goals. Additionally, we are in the process of expanding our retail presence and growing a new women's fitness business.
The right candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of analytically driven marketing experience. Experience with catalog circulation, new business launches, database management, statistical testing, new customer acquisition and “outside the box” direct strategies are all a big plus. Unfortunately, PR and publication experience is not relevant to this position, so we request if PR and publication is your background, please do not apply.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and testing catalog circulation strategies.
- Monitor performance of all circulation strategies and make appropriate recommendations.
- Manage vendor relations and negotiate pricing for merge/purge processing, list optimization, off-site modeling and analysis, list brokerage and list management.
- Manage vendor activities to ensure that catalogs and other media are mailed as scheduled.
- Ensure back-end processes support marketing plan(s) fulfillment, analysis, systems.
- Prepare marketing budgets for housefile and prospect circulation, new business development, list management and merge/purge processing.
- Prepare circulation analysis and reports.
- Developing creative new customer acquisition strategies.
- Develop and manage marketing database.
- Executing day-to-day circulation related activities (we want a worker bee!).
- Supervising a small staff ensuring maximum productivity and effectiveness.
- B.A. degree, preferably in Marketing.
- Minimum of five years analytical marketing experience.
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience a plus.
- Extensive experience with Catalog prospecting, housefile, and analysis and service bureau.
- Advance Excel skills a must. Database experience, such as Access and/or Discoverer a plus.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate staff to produce maximum results.
- Track record of implementing process reviews.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Highly analytical.
- Detail oriented.
Road Runner Sports offers an extensive benefits package and competitive salary. To learn more about Road Runner Sports, visit our website at: www.roadrunnersports.com.