The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) issued Withhold Release Orders (WRO) today on products made in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region (XUAR) of China due to concerns over use of forced labor.
The following six companies, according to the SFIA, are sited for using forced labor by the WRO:
- Xinjiang Junggar Cotton and Linen Co. and its subsidiaries — Cotton
- Hefei Bitland Information Technology Co. — Computer parts
- Yili Zhuowan Garment Manufacturing Co. — Apparel products
- Baoding LYSZD Trade and Business Co. — Apparel products
- Lop County №4 Vocational Skills Education and Training Center — All products
- Lop County Hair Product Industrial Park — Hair products
The full announcement can be read here.
Photo Chinese Forced Labor Camp