According to the recently released Sports Marketing Surveys Running Specialty Store Sales Survey, Brooks Sports, Inc. took home first-place standings for its “Brand Strength Forecast” and “Market Strength Forecast” in the specialty running industry. Additionally, the Spring 2007 survey reports Brooks moved ahead of the pack in the reports Dealer Confidence Index.
To determine these rankings, Sports Marketing Surveys conducted in-depth phone interviews with 70 specialty running store owners and managers throughout the U.S. Panelists rated a variety of brands relative to quantitative sales data and diverse qualitative attributes. While this semi-annual survey has historically focused only on footwear, Sports Marketing Surveys latest report debuts its assessment of apparel market share and brand momentum in this retail channel.
The current survey reveals the following about Brooks:
- Brooks ranks No. 1 in the surveys Brand Strength Forecast, which formulates each brands strength as reported by all running specialty stores that carry that brand.
- Brooks also ranks No. 1 in the surveys respected Market Strength Forecast, which formulates each brands predicted strength as reported by all running specialty stores that participate in the panel, regardless of whether they carry the brand in question.
- Brooks takes top billing in the surveys Dealer Confidence Index, which measures retailers overall impressions of each brand and the company it represents.
- For the ninth consecutive season, Brooks leads the pack with No. 1 Brand Ratings for in-house customer service and product delivery. Brooks ranks No. 2 in five additional Brand Rating categories, including performance technology, credibility with serious runners, current consumer interest, and more.
- Brooks footwear market share maintains its solid No. 2 position, while its apparel market share slots into third place-a significant standing in the specialty running channel.
- Of all stores surveyed, 99 percent carry Brooks products-a presence level unsurpassed by all other brands.
“We work very hard at Brooks to provide best-in-class service and industry leading product to our specialty running retail partners and, ultimately, consumers,” said Brooks Vice President of Sales Rick Wilhelm. “We appreciate these positive brand momentum ratings from our dealers, as it is a testament to our brands purposeful approach.”
To help fuel forward momentum, Brooks will continue to deliver breakthrough performance running products and retail programs throughout the coming year. Brooks proprietary MoGo midsole compound brings crave-worthy comfort to more shoes in Fall 2007 while new Shelter, NightLife, and active lifestyle apparel options offer thoughtful yet technical solutions to battle the season. In Spring 2008, look for Brooks to debut three new shoes in its running footwear continuum, as well as a stylish yet functional apparel collection that celebrates the spirit and heritage of worldwide competition.