For the second consecutive year, customers ranked Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s as two of the most reputable retailers in the world for overall customer experience, according to 2019 Retail Reputation Report compiled by Reputation.com.
Bass Pro Shops moved up the list from 12th last year to rank number three, outranking other respected retail brands such as Target, Costco, Nordstrom, Nike, The Disney Store, Hobby Lobby, IKEA, Ralph Lauren, Lowe’s and Neiman Marcus, trailing only Trader Joe’s and The Lego Store.
Cabela’s ranked No. 17 in this year’s report, joining Bass Pro Shops as the Top two highest-ranked sporting goods and apparel stores in the nation.
“We are humbled and truly grateful to be singled out by consumers as among the very best in America,” said Bass Pro Shops founder Johnny Morris, in a statement. “This recognition speaks to the genuine friendly service our remarkable outfitters provide our customers every day. Beyond offering quality products, exceptional value and a shopping environment unlike any other, our people make the difference, and we owe this honor to the collective efforts of our entire team.”
As part of the 2019 Retail Reputation Report, Reputation.com’s team analyzed more than 5 million consumer reviews on Google and Facebook, plus other review sites on the web, detailing in-store shopping experiences for 100 leading retailers across 30,000 locations and also took into account data from business listings, social media, search results and consumer engagements. The analysis, believed to be the most comprehensive in U.S. history, looked at 16 key service metrics and grouped them into three categories:
- Frictionless shopping: Including speed of service, manager, sales assistant/staff, cashier, competence, people and courtesy.
- Authentic relationships/brand promise: Including product quality, affordability, availability/selection, and food.
- Environment: Including cleanliness, appearance, product categorization/organization, and parking/facilities.
Bass Pro pointed to other accolades it has received over the years:
- In 2018, The National Retail Federation named Bass Pro Shops as the No. 2 “Hottest Retailer In America.”
- In 2017, Forbes named Bass Pro Shops as one of “America’s Most Reputable Companies” in recognition of the public’s trust in the organization.
- In 2015, Forbes named the company as, “One Of America’s Best Employers.”
- In 2015, the National Retail Foundation named Johnny Morris as one of “25 People Shaping The Future Of Retail.”
- In 2008, the National Retail Foundation named Johnny Morris as “Retail Innovator of the Year.”
Photo courtesy Bass Pro Shops