Austin Canoe and Kayak (ACK) re-launched AustinKayak.com to enhance outdoor adventure gear shopping experience. The enhancement comes at the retailer, already one of the biggest kayak dealers in the country, expands its selection of outdoor gear beyond paddlesports.
The re-launch of AustinKayak.com also signifies the start of a new era in ACK’s evolving business model, encompassing a wider array of outdoor adventure gear categories such as camping, hiking and snow sports. Known to be one of the nations largest paddlesports retailers, ACK will always remain true to its core but with the re-launch of AustinKayak.com, the evolution has become more apparent.
“While the site’s new look and feel emulates what ACK has become to date” said Peter, “it’s what you don’t see that is harnessing the power of where we are going to take this tomorrow,” referring to a highly customizable infrastructure ready to accommodate new business goals.
New Technology and Design Enhancements:
- Improved Navigation Refined product category and menu structure and product searching and filtering capabilities
- Google “Search as You Type (SAYT)” Predictive search technology (currently only available to select retailers)
- User Friendly Interface Updated look and feel throughout and a cleaner more attractive product catalog and presentation
- Back-end Stability & Speed Built from the ground with key components of the website hosted in the “cloud” allowing for scalability and fail-over abilities while producing faster response times
- Customizable 100% engineered and designed internally without any 3rd party software packages, enabling a future-proof and highly customizable infrastructure
The website re-launch was part of a cohesive strategy involving ACK’s internal development, merchandising and marketing teams. The site is currently live at www.AustinKayak.com.