Timbuk2, a pioneer of made-in-America customization and industry leading designer of urban gear, has been selected by Citi for their Progress Maker Stories initiative. In conjunction with the release of national advertising, Timbuk2 will celebrate this exciting partnership by launching “Make a Statement,” a platform featured on the Timbuk2 website and in retail stores encouraging people to support urban manufacturing while expressing their personal style.
Progress Maker Stories highlight Citi’s commitment to leveraging the capabilities of the leading global bank to empower its clients to solve the world’s biggest challenges. Timbuk2 is the second largest manufacturer in San Francisco, producing 70,000 custom bags a year in its 23,000 square foot factory and continuously manufacturing in San Francisco’s Mission District since the company’s inception in 1989.
- Launch of the Prospect Pack, the first everyday backpack designed for customization and hand made in San Francisco.
- New specialty fabrics and a new category of canvas fabrics in the Custom Bag Builder.
- Expanded capabilities to customize bags for businesses, including a special bag created just for Citi employees.
- Building a studio space blending design, manufacturing and shopping next to the Timbuk2 HQ in San Francisco to enable people to visit Timbuk2’s HQ in the Mission District to design their own custom bag and see the manufacturing in action.
- A new urban cycling travel pack created in conjunction with the urban cycling race Red Hook Criterium Founder David Trimble.
- A 25th birthday celebration this summer.
The Citi campaign will include national television commercials, print and digital advertising, and content on prominent social media outlets. The television commercial can be viewed on YouTube: