It's time to let who you are determine where you work, and not the other way around. From guitarists to graphic designers to people whose skills defy description, the Nike design group is definitely an atypical work environment. Every few months our design library hosts an exhibit on different design topics — a recent exhibit featured “Rockets, Robots and Ray Guns.” And there's also our bi-annual design conferences where the entire staff gets together to swap ideas and inspire each other.
All of this is to say, yes, of course, we're committed to creating the best athletic shoes, apparel and equipment imaginable. But the truth is, we think people are more productive when they're having fun.
As our Senior Technical Designer – ACG, you'll create and revise garment specification sheets with measurements and illustrations in order for factories to produce product. You'll maintain construction standards for use in manufacturing, develop fit standards within a category or large product group and ensure consistency throughout product lines. You'll also manage fit sessions, including model selection, garment critiquing and corrections; provide technical expertise to team members related to product fit, patterns and construction; and balance workflow across multiple seasons. This opportunity also involves translating design concepts into 2D patterns using a CAD/CAM computer system; incorporating proportional lines, fit requirements and construction feasibility; and creating revised patterns incorporating styling and fit changes determined by merchandising, design and/or development during fit sessions or the design process. In addition, you'll utilize your thorough knowledge of system nuances, block pattern use and software capabilities to optimize pattern-making productivity.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Apparel Design, Textiles or a related field
- 2 years' additional experience in apparel development, design or a related field in lieu of a degree
- 5 years' experience in apparel development, pattern-making, fit engineering or a related field
- Thorough knowledge of the apparel development process from inception through production, including pattern-making, grading, construction, costing, manufacturing, embroidery, materials and machinery used in apparel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to clearly articulate goals and objectives
- Basic knowledge of textile manufacturing and materials development
- Able to work with a diverse group of people
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAM software, Word and Excel
- Experience with pattern drafting tools, including flexible body forms, digital camera, straight edge, curves, scissors, pins and tapes is preferred
- Understanding of pattern building and grading techniques, garment construction and production processes
- Knowledge of body growth, grading, marker making, fabric and machinery used in apparel
Nike offers a beautiful corporate campus, incredible resources and a generous benefits package with a stock purchase plan and a 401(k) retirement plan. Not to mention the casual work environment, on-site sports complex, childcare and a host of other perks we don't have room to mention here.
We appreciate you taking the time to reference job #016309 when you apply online at: www.nikejobs.com/us.
Nike is committed to employing a diverse workforce. EOE/M/F/H/V