Running USA has announced the Run Happy Pitch Fest Presented by Brooks. Entries for the pitch fest will open Sept. 1, and finalists will pitch for sponsorships from Brooks and Nuun at the 2019 Industry Conference powered by the Active Network, set for Feb. 10-12, 2019 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
“We’ve worked closely with Brooks and Nuun to create a brand new conference event that we think will be great fun for both the participants and spectators. Like the hit ABC business pitch show ‘Shark Tank,’ presenters will be vying for first, second and third place while presenting their races. All three winners will receive value in kind sponsorships at varying levels from Brooks and Nuun,” said Running USA vice president of programming, partnerships and operations Christine Bowen.
“The Run Happy Pitch Fest is an exciting way for us to learn about the innovative ways event organizers are engaging with runners,” said Stevie Jones, event marketing manager, Brooks Running. “At Brooks, we’re looking to sponsor races that inspire people to get out and run. We’re thrilled to provide the three best pitch fest participants with Brooks gear and support from our dedicated team.”
“Innovation in a fast changing world is more important than ever, and yet, many of the best ideas are never heard. I look forward to being part of the Run Happy Pitch Fest at the Running USA conference to hear and reward the breakthrough concepts from the presenting race directors,” said Kevin Rutherford, CEO of Nuun.
To participate in the Pitch Fest, applicants must:
- Be a current Running USA event member in good standing.
- Event must have less than 3000 registered runners.
- Event must not have a current shoe company sponsor.
- Only one submission per person/event/event management company. Any organization or person submitting more than once will be automatically disqualified.
- By submitting an application, you are agreeing to attend and present in person at the 2019 Running USA Industry conference in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Finalists are responsible for registering for the conference at the current price and funding their own travel and accommodations.
- Submissions will open Sept. 1. Look for the application links and information on the RunningUSA.org website and in the weekly newsletter.
- Additional details: The term of the value in kind sponsorship is for 1 year only. The sponsorship agreement will be between Brooks Running and Nuun directly. Running USA does not assume any role or responsibility for between the winning parties and the sponsors.
Pitch presentations will be held on Monday afternoon, Feb. 11. Register for the conference here – there is a price increase coming on Aug. 31.