Powered by the brand’s training shoe, the Nano 7, Reebok gathered special guests and athletes around the world to break 44 of the top fitness-based Guinness World Record titles in 24 hours. The Nano 7 has now helped break more world records than any other shoe on the globe.
Reebok athletes, brand partners and volunteers gathered on London, Sydney, Los Angeles and New York last week in attempt to break an unprecedented amount of fitness-based records all in one shoe. Attempts ranged from 10-year-old Milla Star trying for the most burpees in one minute to Eirik Lundstein attempting the most barbell backflips in 1 minute with 20kgs.
Notable athletes and participants in the attempts included:
- Max Greenfield – Actor
- Annie Thorisdottir – CrossFit Athlete & 2x CrossFit Games Champion
- Milla Star – 10 year old fitness phenom
- Logan Aldridge – Adaptive athlete and CrossFit Coach
- Dan Bailey – CrossFit Athlete & 5x CF Games Competitor
- Scott Panchik – CrossFit Athlete and 5x CF Games Competitor
- Rob Forte – CrossFit Athlete and 6x CF Games Competitor
- Kara Webb – CrossFit Athlete and 5x CF Games Competitor
- Camille Leblanc-Bazinet – CrossFit Athlete and former CF Games Champion
“It was awesome to be a part of Reebok’s record-breaking day,” said actor Max Greenfield, a CrossFit enthusiast. “To see so many records fall around the world is a testament to the Nano 7 and everything it can handle.”
The array records broken around the world included four by Camille Leblanc-Bazinet, who defeated the current record for fastest pegboard climb by nearly 30 seconds. Annie Thorisdottir extended the record for most weight lifted in a clean and jerk by a 600kgs. Rachel Martinez managed to do 12 handstand push-ups in 60 seconds. And Ricky Garard and Sammy Wood surpassed the current records for most squats in a minute for a male and female with 70 and 64, respectively.
“Putting Nanos to the test through breaking Guinness World Record titles was a fun and exciting way to bring it to life,” said Inga Stenta, senior director of brand management at Reebok. “Some of our athletes made these incredible fitness feats look easy, but these are world-class efforts and true demonstrations of what happens when determination and grit meet peak performance.”
Photos and video courtesy Reebok