Outdoor Retailer, the trade event and community gathering for the outdoor industry, unveiled the dates for its 2019-2022 tradeshows, completing its five-year calendar.
Starting in November 2018, Outdoor Retailer moves to the beginning of the buying cycles, “positioning the national show as the launch event and epicenter for innovation and ideas for the outdoor industry,” the organization said in a statement.
“By re-establishing Outdoor Retailer as a launch event, the shows are able to influence ‘how’ retailers buy, rather than ‘when’ they buy,” commented Marisa Nicholson, vice president and show director for all Outdoor Retailer events. “Retailers now have the opportunity to see the entire range of products available and gather intel about trends and industry initiatives. The deadlines stay the same, but retailers have more information. They see what’s possible, they analyze their sell through so that when they sit down at regional shows with their reps, they maximize their open-to-buy dollars and minimize order changes. Brands benefit from early retailer feedback to guide forecasting and production. The industry benefits from everyone coming together to share ideas.”
The Outdoor Retailer team continues to work with strategic partners, regional rep associations and buying groups to create co-locations and demo events around each of Outdoor Retailer’s three trade events: Outdoor Retailer + Snow Show, Outdoor Retailer Summer Market and Outdoor Retailer Winter Market.
The five-year calendar begins with the previously announced 2018 dates and extends through 2022, and also reaffirms Outdoor Retailer’s commitment to Denver, and the Colorado Convention Center, which will host all of Outdoor Retailer’s tradeshows:
- Outdoor Retailer + Snow Show: January 25-28
- Outdoor Retailer Summer Market: July 23-26
- Outdoor Retailer Winter Market: November 8-11
- Outdoor Retailer + Snow Show: January 8-11
- Outdoor Retailer Summer Market: June 17-20
- Outdoor Retailer Winter Market: November 5-8
- Outdoor Retailer + Snow Show: January 7-10
- Outdoor Retailer Summer Market: June 22-25
- Outdoor Retailer Winter Market: November 9-12
- Outdoor Retailer + Snow Show: January 11-14
- Outdoor Retailer Summer Market: June 14-17
- Outdoor Retailer Winter Market: November 15-18
- Outdoor Retailer + Snow Show: January 10-13
- Outdoor Retailer Summer Market: June 10-13
- Outdoor Retailer Winter Market: November 11-14
“Outdoor Retailer brings fresh energy from a robust community that shares our passion for the outdoors, winter or summer,” said Richard Scharf, president and CEO of Visit Denver. “We look forward to being home to these iconic shows for five years. Exhibitors and attendees will stay at our hotels, frequent our restaurants and visit our first-class resorts. We are thankful for this new partnership and welcoming new friends to our city.”
Registration for the upcoming Outdoor Retailer + Snow Show for exhibitors and independent reps will open in early November.
Photo courtesy Outdoor Retailer