Desk Title: Marketing and Communications Manager – Bags
Position Location: Portland, OR
Mind readers wanted.
Consumers today are more sophisticated and better educated than in any previous generation. They decide what they want and when they want it. At Nike, our challenge is to anticipate what they'll want and be ready with a solution. When we're really good, it's something — a product, a service, a whatever — that's so intuitively perfect the consumer hasn't even imagined it could exist. Your job? To make sure we know our consumers better than we know ourselves.
But you knew that already, didn't you?
As our Marketing and Communications Manager – Bags, you'll work in partnership with the Global Merchandising Director and Regional Business Directors to establish an on-going global marketing strategy for bags, including planning for global deployment of demand creation resources from partners and Nike. You'll develop an overall global marketing direction for each bag business segment, including establishing near team strategic direction and utilizing endorsees, sports marketing programs, advertising and coordinating business units direction with Nike Marketing. You'll ensure businesses are integrated with the Global Brand Plan and that they are linked at the Regional level. You'll assemble a group of athletes to market bags globally and determine a strategy that defines which athletes to target and incorporate that information into the total demand creation allocation plan. You'll work with Nike Sports Marketing to ensure future athlete contracts include bags and share responsibility for leading the Image Design function across business units with the Creative Director of Bags. You'll also ensure consistent imaging and messaging and the creation and execution of strategy to attain retail excellence, including presentations in managed space (kiosks and concept shops), fixturing, field merchandising, point-of-sale materials and associate education. You'll influence the use of regional demand creation dollars ensuring that insights provided by Regional Marketplace Directors are incorporated and ensure that a detailed plan is created seasonally with Regional Marketplace Directors and partners specifying how money is to be spent (i.e. advertising, in-store marketing, fixturing, etc.). In addition, you'll coach, lead and manage the Global Marketing team and direct reports and be ultimately responsible for team selection and the management and evaluation of goals, accountabilities, performance and development plans.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or a related field
- MBA is preferred
- 8 years' experience in marketing management
- 2 years' additional experience in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of the global retail marketplace
- Experience in retail buying, retail marketing and launching initiatives into retail
- Proven ability to negotiate, influence and collaborate with other key decision makers in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate concepts in verbal and written communications
- 7 years' experience managing people is preferred
- Experience in the bags industry is preferred
- Experience developing marketing strategies targeted at 18-24 year olds
- Experience developing high-level marketing strategies and communicating them globally is preferred
- Experience working with multiple partners to ensure a consistent message (i.e. PR, Sports Marketing, Advertising, etc) is preferred
- Experience managing retail space presentation is preferred
Benefits. You probably already know we have a pretty generous benefits package, but here's the highlight reel: a stock purchase plan, matching 401(k) retirement plan, on-site sports complex, childcare and full health insurance. There's not room here to mention every benefit we offer, but hopefully that'll give you a sense of how we take care of our own.
We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.
Please click here to apply!
Nike is committed to employing a diverse workforce. EOE/M/F/H/V