Headsweats appointed Mike McQueeney to the role of vice president of sales and, for the first time, hired a select group of outside reps to support a major business expansion of the Cincinnati-based performance headwear company.
Most recently, McQueeney was the Sales Manager for PowerBar. His extensive career in the fitness and outdoor trades covers a range of sales responsibilities for a variety of nationally-known brands. Previously, McQueeney owned and operated two bike shops in Denver and he was a sales rep in the cycling industry covering Northern California. McQueeney was also the Sales Manager for the Reebok cycling division in 13 states and has sales experience working with brands such as Giro, Sports, Bell Sports, Cannondale, Moving Comfort and Sub 4.
Of his move to Headsweats, McQueeney said, “I saw an opportunity to make a difference in a unique and growing company that has best-in-class products. Headwear is an afterthought for many manufacturers, which may be why runners, triathletes, cyclists and athletes across many niches find our dedication and innovation to be really appealing.”
Headsweats has also recently partnered with select outside sales agencies to help build the brand and expand current distribution beyond the roughly 3000 storefronts already carrying what many consider to be the best dedicated-headwear products available.
Agencies were hired with a special focus on multiple channels of trade as well as a broad geographic range and include:
- The RP Active Group, which will cover, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, Kansas, South Dakota, North Dakota, Iowa and Missouri.
- The Hartford Sales agency, which will cover the large and active markets of California, Nevada and Arizona.
- The Register Group will handle all of Florida for Headsweats in addition to their work with Yakima, PowerBar and CamelBak.
- Velocity Marketing is responsible for the northwest states of Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana and Alaska.
- Justin Webster and Clyde Colesco of the Dallas-based Spiridon Group will cover all of Texas for the company.
All of these agencies have a tremendous reputation for their professionalism and category knowledge, said Alan Romick, CEO of Headsweats, “We are thrilled to work in partnership with these agencies to help further nurture our relationships with our retailers.”
Headsweats is the official headwear supplier of Tour de France, Ironman, and Primal Quest.