The inaugural Global Golf Innovation Competition, a new “Shark Tank”-style of competition for golf startups, was announced Wednesday for the 2019 PGA Merchandise Show, in Orlando, FL.
HYPE Sports Innovation, an established global platform which facilitates connections and investments among the sports innovation ecosystem, will host the competition in cooperation with PGA Worldwide Golf Exhibitions to showcase up-and-coming innovators and cutting-edge technology in golf on Tuesday afternoon, Jan. 22, at the Orange County Convention Center.
Competition entries are currently being accepted through the HYPE Sports Innovation membership network. Registration to become an applicant opens today for innovators and start-ups from the golf industry at Golf2019.HYPESportsInnovation.com/competition. The application deadline is Dec. 15, 2018.
HYPE CEO, Dr. Ilan Hadar said, “We’re honored to host our inaugural Global Golf Innovation Competition at such a pivotal golf industry event. We anticipate receiving applications from some of the most promising golf start-ups from around the world, with the potential to shape the future of golf.”
Ten start-up teams will be selected from an application pool of more than 200 teams to pitch their companies and products to a panel of industry experts which includes current and former sports industry executives. The 10 start-up finalists presenting at the competition will receive:
- A feature in the HYPE Sports Innovation Magazine, PGA Merchandise Show edition;
- A one-on-one meeting with the panel of judges;
- Dedicated promotional video shared on HYPE’s social media channels;
- Global media and influencer exposure through HYPE’s network of 40k members;
- A special presence in the New Product Zone exhibit area of the PGA Show Floor, Jan. 23-25; and
- Interaction with golf industry influencers and leading mentors in the field of sports innovation during a special event cocktail reception.