This new position, reporting to the Senior Vice President, General Manager, HIND will be responsible for all aspects of Hind/Saucony apparels efficient and responsive service to all customers through the management of the supply chain. The Director of Operations will manage the supply chain from the point of order entry through the coordination of production, to inbound shipments and finally the allocation of product and timely fulfillment and delivery of customer orders. In addition, the position will be accountable for positively impacting profitability by constantly improving the safety, efficiency, and cost structure of the supply chain.
- Continuous Improvement of Supply Chain: Map complete supply chain and establish a hierarchy of improvement projects based on their impact to the apparel divisions bottom line. Execute these improvements on a timely basis, based on this priority scale.
- Coordinate Management of Supply Chain: Coordinate management of supply chain with overlapping Saucony, Inc. functional directors on operational issues including import, warehousing, customer service, and international operations.
- Vendor Management: Co-manage the Vendor Manual and Vendor Scorecard with Director of Sourcing and Product Development. Monitor and measure performance of all suppliers.
- Management: Manage two direct reports Purchasing and Planning Manager and Sales Planning Manager. Develop and ensure the proper structure of work flow within Operations Team.
Performance will be measured by:
- Delivery Performance: On time deliveries and customer fill rates
- Operational Efficiency: Inventory turns, continuous cost and time reductions
- Vendor Management: Vendor Scorecard
- Supply Chain Security; C-TPAT adherence
- Continuous Improvement Initiatives; Qualitative scoring of key improvement initiatives
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Ideal candidates will have a 4 year college degree, and a Masters degree in Supply chain or Operations Management. Were searching for candidates with at least 5 8 years, comprehensive knowledge and first-hand experience in supply chain management/operations. Experience in the athletic industry or apparel industry is preferred, but not necessary.
In addition, were looking for someone who has demonstrated experience working in a team-oriented, fast paced concept-to-market product design and development environment. Our ideal candidate will also have the following characteristics:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Project management experience demonstrated by hands-on, proactive management of simultaneous projects and the ability to prioritize and lead improvements.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines while maintaining perspective and a sense of humor
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Computer knowledge and proficiency, including Excel.
ABOUT SAUCONY, INC.
Saucony, Inc. is a leading global supplier of performance athletic footwear, casual footwear, apparel, and accessories with its widely recognized brands Saucony, Saucony Originals, Hind, and Spot-bilt. All Saucony, Inc. sports brands develop and manufacture technically advanced products that improve the performance of active sports participants.
We design, develop and market performance-oriented athletic footwear, athletic apparel and casual leather footwear. Our principal products are:
- Technical running, walking and outdoor trail shoes and athletic apparel, which we sell under the Saucony brand name;
- Technical running shoe models from the early 1980's, which we reintroduced in 1998, as Saucony “Originals”, our classic footwear line;
- Athletic apparel, which we sell under the Hind brand name; and
- Shoes for coaches and officials, football and soccer cleats and casual leather walking and workplace footwear, which we sell under the Spot-bilt brand name.
Our products are sold in the United States at more than 5,500 retail locations and at our 19 factory outlet stores. Outside the United States our products are sold in 53 countries through 22 distributors located throughout the world and through our subsidiaries located in Canada, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
All entries will be kept confidential. Include salary requirements in your cover letter, along with resume and address to:
Director, Human Resources
13 Centennial Drive
Peabody, MA 01960
978 326 5355 fax
No telephone calls, please.
Notice to Third-parties or Agency/Recruiters:
Principals only. Submissions and referrals (written, oral or otherwise) received from third-parties or agencies (contingent or retained) not currently under contract with Saucony, Inc. will be considered a gift, and as such, Saucony, Inc., will not be obligated to pay a fee or service charge of any amount related to gifted submissions. Saucony, Inc. actively maintains a Preferred Vendor List. Access and acceptance to the Preferred Vendor List is granted exclusively by Human Resources. Inquiries related to recruitment and candidate submissions must be directed to the Human Resources Department.