Camber Outdoors, the active-outdoor industries organization, has announced seven June events in the 2018 Camber Exchange series.
Hosted by Camber Outdoors partner companies, Camber Exchanges connect people who share interests, career objectives, and passion for the outdoors. These unique events gather like-minded individuals to spark ideas, learn from leaders in the active-outdoor industries, and participate in Camber Outdoors’ growing community. Registration is open for all June events.
June 2018 Camber Exchange series schedule:
- June 26: Burlington, VT | Host company: Burton | Speaker: Ai Kenney, vice president of global strategy and insights at Burton
- June 26: San Francisco, CA | Host company: Marmot | Speakers: Kristin Sjoholm, director of global supply chain at Marmot | ExOfficio; Deanna Flemming, director of global sales at Marmot | ExOfficio; and Jessica Poppell, category manager of women’s outerwear at Marmot | ExOfficio
- June 27: Salt Lake City, UT | Host company: ROTOR Bike Components | Speaker: Lori Barrett, vice president of sales and business development at ROTOR Bike Components
- June 28: Kent, WA | Host company: REI Co-op | Speakers: Raquel Karls, senior vice president of human resources at REI Co-op, and Wilma Wallace, vice president of general counsel at REI Co-op
- June 28: Portland, OR | Host company: KEEN | Speaker: Christy Saito, vice president of global product merchandising at KEEN
- June 28: Washington, DC | Host company: REI Co-op | Speaker: Rebecca Smith, general manager of REI Co-op Washington, DC
- June 28: Boulder, CO | Host company: PeopleForBikes | Speakers: Beth Jensen, senior director of sustainable business innovation at Outdoor Industry Association; additional speakers announced soon | *In collaboration with PeopleForBikes DRAFT Meetup. DRAFT is a nationwide meetup series that brings communities together to celebrate the latest bike industry innovations.
“Year over year we have continued to build the Camber Exchange program to elevate the vision of Everyone’s Outdoors through community engagement,” said Deanne Buck, executive director of Camber Outdoors. “Through Camber Exchanges, we are able to give leaders at our partner companies a platform for why and how they’re prioritizing women’s leadership as a business imperative.”
Sponsored by CamelBak, Bell, Giro, and Bollé, the 2018 Camber Outdoors series includes 25 Camber Exchanges across the continental U.S. and Canada. With increased interest and participation from individuals and partner companies, Camber Outdoors has grown its Camber Exchange series year over year.
All proceeds from Camber Exchanges support connecting African American people with nature to change the face of leadership in the outdoors through a partnership with Outdoor Afro.