Helmet maker Bern Helmets has appointed a new executive leadership team and board of advisers that is leading the company’s efforts in driving innovation, operational excellence and future growth.
“Our consumers, retail partners and team members can expect our very best in ensuring the commitment to safety, innovation and service that has made us an industry leader,” said Bern Chief Executive Officer Timothy Leedom. “This new era at Bern will see innovation and clarity in our product line, operational excellence from sketch to shelf and a renewed commitment to retail partners of all sizes.”
Leedom assumed CEO responsibilities from his brother and Bern founder Dennis Leedom after previous successful roles at Sports Illustrated, Nike, Reebok, Pandora, and Runkeeper. He has driven an internal renewal at the company that is showing clear signs of success.
“Tim’s deep experience in our industry and his passion for this brand made him the ideal person to lead us into a prosperous future,” Dennis Leedom said. “Under his leadership, we have already made big strides towards resetting our relationships and expectations in the trade and streamlining the product pipeline to deliver our loyal consumers what they want.”
Additional key executive appointments and promotions include:
- Head of Global Sales Andy Hughes, who previously drove sales strategy and business development at Nike, Mountain Hardware and Columbia.
- General Manager Garth Rogers brings 20 years of experience at Time Inc., Sports Illustrated and GOLF Magazine to leading various Bern financial and operational disciplines.
- Head of Global Operations and Supply Chain Nick Stearns, formerly of Johnson & Johnson.
- Head of Product and Creative Director Kenny Perkins, Bern veteran and former designer at Fossil.
- Head of E-Commerce and Digital Director Byron Linton, veteran digital and e-commerce executive.
- Global Sales Operations Manager Chad Kyte, former sales executive at HydroFlask.
Advisory Board members who joined the Bern team recently include:
- Former General Manager of Nike Running Kate Delhagen
- Nike, Reebok and New Balance veteran product executive John Morgan